Selling Your Home
If you are considering selling your home, let me work for you. I have the experience in the marketplace and ability in generating market presence to attract buyers.
Preparing Your Home To Sell
Prepare Your Home To Maximize Profits You only have one chance to make a first impression.
Your home may well be your biggest investment, so when the time comes to sell – select the right agent. I will help you get your home ready for sale and maximize your profit.
- View your home from the curb and make touch ups to landscaping and exterior paint. Plant flowers in pots to add colour.
- Address numbers and mailboxes should be hung straight. Numbers should be easily seen from the street. Ensure all exterior light bulbs are working and turned on at night.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are big selling features, replace discoloured, missing, or loose grout around ceramic tiles and ensure caulking is free of mildew.
- A fresh coat of paint will make any tired house look fresh and is a very inexpensive way of freshening up an interior. Don’t forget to do the baseboards.
- Open the blinds or drapes. Potential purchasers want to see bright and airy rooms. Replace light bulbs and consider using brighter voltage bulbs for dark corners.
- Cut out the clutter. Clean out the closets, basement, and other storage areas, and remove clutter from counter tops. Storage space is crucial to most homebuyers.
- Fix loose or broken doorknobs. Ensure fixtures and fittings are tightened.
- Fresh flowers are always a nice touch.
These simple repairs can make a positive impact when showing your property. Remember – you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression, so be sure to take the time to make the right one first.